Hi there, this is ETMarkets’ Investors Guide, a show about asset classes, market trends and investment opportunities. This is Ami Shah.The week gone by saw some interesting developments: hopes of a Covid vaccine brightened, spreading cheer across markets globally even as some countries witnessed a fresh spike in virus infections and announced new lockdown measures. The US presidential election threw up a fractured verdict, which went into litigation. Meanwhile, some economies showed fresh signs of revival while others didn’t.
How do you allocate your investment in such an environment? Which asset classes can still continue their momentum, and which are at the risk of running out of steam. We caught up with emerging markets guru Mark Mobius to find out the right asset allocation strategy for this market. Mobius, 84, co-founder of Mobius Capital Partners, has spent more than 40 years investing in emerging markets, and is known for his candid views.
Welcome to the show, Mr Mobius
1) If you had to invest $100,000 of personal wealth right now, what would be your asset mix?
2) Looks like India is one of the best bets there. What prompts you to invest in India, considering that the index is hovering around record high?
3) What is your view on gold and silver, after the stellar rally seen in the precious metals so far this year?
4) Bitcoin has been the best performing asset class so far this year. Till recently, you were staying away from it. Has your stance for the cryptocurrency changed now?
5) Markets have been on a roller-coaster ride this year. What is the one mantra that you have held on to in these testing times ?
6) Globally, there has been a surge in first-time equity investors. What is the one piece of advice you would like to give to these get-rich-quick investors?
Thank you Mr. Mobius, that was indeed a very insightful conversation.
That’s it in this week’s edition of the special weekend podcast. Do come back next Saturday for this weekly special. You can check out our regular podcasts on the equity market twice every week day. Wish all our readers A Happy Diwali and a Prosperous New Samvat Year ahead!
Credit: Stocks-Markets-Economic Times